Monday, March 10, 2008

Adversity is the stone upon which I sharpen my blade!

Dealing with demanding or picky guests often presents a big challenge for a restaurant manager. We live in a world of perception. 5 minutes becomes 10 minutes, last time the salad was bigger, and so on.
However, we must overcome this adversity and use these situations as an oppertunity to exceed guest expectations. It is these moments that define a commitment to providing "uncommon" great service.
You must train your staff to listen to the guest, and assure them that the issue will be resolved to their satisfaction.
This belief is what separates the manager from the LEADER!
This blog is for all my peer leaders with the same goal and with the stories to help encourage others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know Les, this blog is a great idea. The sharing of one's knowledge with one's peers is always beneficial for both sides. Being a visual learner, I think I gathered a bit more from reading your posts, then I did from most of our previous talks, not to say that I didn't take anything away from our talks, just that it's easier for me to remember what I read as opposed to heard. Thank you again for this great opportunity to learn with you.

Anonymous said...

you can have the best trained staff ever but at the end of the day the guest will always want to see the manager.As much as i try to please the guest they always let me know i'm not the manager.