Tuesday, March 25, 2008

You need guys like Lee.

I like to talk about exceeding guest expectations as a GM, but I can not stress enough how important it is to train your staff to do the same.
We have a regular guest named Ronnie Goodman. Mrs. Goodman is handicapped and has a hard time getting around. About the third time she came in, I suggested she call me and I would bring her purchases to her car. I relayed the message to my crew accordingly.
My assistant Lee has moved on to ownership and now only works on Sundays. I have a new assistant who works on Saturday when Mrs. Goodman comes in. I have yet to relay the message to my new guy.
Turns out, he got the message.
Mrs. Goodman called me yesterday to rave about Lee and how went out of his way to introduce TJ(my new guy) to her and show him the routine. She was so happy. She told all her friends and could not wait to talk to me. Something so easy meant so much to her.
You need guys like Lee.

No comments: