Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I can do that!

Although my cafe does not specialize in espresso drinks, we get a ton of them everyday. We offer a variety of syrups that a guest can add to their coffee. None of these are sugar-free.
Today a guest ordered a coffee and asked if we had any sugar-free syrups. I realized I had heard that sentiment before and could have taken action then. I apologized to the guest, but assured him that I would have one next time.
Listening to your guests needs is crucial to the success of the store. Something as simple as a syrup or a popular sweetener could make a difference to some.
More often, my thought should be: I CAN DO THAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really feel the same way: "Give them what they want" is the only way to make a difference now days.
Sebastien Tribout
General Manager